The River Doon District Salmon Fishery Board manages the protection, enhancement and conservation of the Atlantic salmon and sea trout stocks in the River Doon. It also has a duty to ensure the general protection and enhancement of the fishery.
- Alan Macdonald – Chair
- Peter Kennerley
- Peter Kennedy
- Lawrence Dalgleish
- David Cosh
- Iain Campbell
- Carlos Van Heddegem
Stuart Brabbs (Ayrshire Rivers Trust)
Austin Thomson (Clerk)
Aims Of The Board
- Provide fishery protection.
- Police the purchase and sale of illegally caught and unseasonable fish.
- Ensure fish passage over obstructions to migrations.
- Protect juvenile fish and spawning redds.
- Reverse the trend in the decline of adult Atlantic salmon by implementing policies that safeguard and enhance the natural spawning stock.
- Conduct habitat, population and migration assessments to guide management strategies.
- Encourage good conservation policies to stop over exploitation of salmon.
- Conserve and establish sustainable fisheries for the River Doon.
- Extend fishery awareness.