Code Of Practice – River Doon
The River Doon Fishery Board has produced this Code to conserve our fish stocks for now and the future.
- G.S. Forms must be signed by fishers before fishing.
- All salmon caught before 31st May should be returned.
- All fish caught in October should be returned.
- All coloured fish should be returned.
- All sea trout should be returned.
- All large hen fish, 10lb/30 inches and over should be returned throughout the season.
- Limit killing salmon to one a day with a maximum of five fish in a season.
- On any spinning lure only one treble hook should be used.
- We recommend the use of barbless hooks during October so anglers can return fish without unnecessary damage.
- When returning fish please be gentle and do no not lift fish by the tail or gills. Always use both hands under the belly of the fish, facing upstream until sufficiently recovered.
- Beware of safety on and around the river, and anglers approach the river at their own risk.
- Please record all fish in your Catch returns.
The board recognises that observance of the Code is voluntary but expects that responsible anglers will observe it as far as possible.
Please spread the word on this Code of Practice. Your board are investing in the future so that we all can continue to enjoy the sport on the River.